Abu Dhabi International Airport is directly connected with more than 100 destinations across the world.
Among the main operating airlines to and from Abu Dhabi are: Air Berlin, Air France KLM, British Airways, Gulf Air, Lufthansa, Oman Air, Qatar Airways, Turkish Airlines and, of course,
Etihad Airways, the flag carrier of the United Arab Emirates based in Abu Dhabi, which serves 55 countries across Africa, Asia, Europe, North America and Australia, and the low cost Wizz Air.
Abu Dhabi flights: landing in Dubai
Abu Dhabi flights with one or more stopovers are also available (of course).
Let see a couple of examples with only one stopover, which, in my experience, can be a good option if you can’t fly directly to Abu Dhabi.
For example, you can take Emirates Airline and land in Dubai. If you land in Dubai, consider that Abu Dhabi is one hour and thirty / two hours from Dubai, and can be reached:
- by Emirates Airlines free shuttles which connect Dubai Airport with Emirates Down Town Office – Khalidiya – Corniche in Abu Dhabi (about 1h and 45 minutes without stops). You can take the shuttle at Terminal 3. If you fly in Business or First class you can consider the option to book a chauffeur.
- by public taxis, operating by Dubai Taxi Corporation: you can recognize these taxis from the two colors orange and cream.
The taxi fare from Dubai to Abu Dhabi is around 300 AED, the final fare depends on the area of Abu Dhabi where you go.
For more information on taxi fares Dubai-Abu Dhabi, you can visit the Dubai Taxi Corporation (in English).
Abu Dhabi International Airport
The Abu Dhabi International Airport is 40 minutes drive from Abu Dhabi City and about 1 hour from Dubai Marina.
Inside the Abu Dhabi International airport are duty free shops, a pharmacy, coffee shops and services, such as parking, areas for children, medical care, free wireless Internet access.
To move to and from the airport of Abu Dhabi, the most practical option is a taxi. Taxis at the airport of Abu Dhabi can be found by following the directions of the signs inside the airport.
Taxis at Abu Dhabi International Airport
Starting from the ending of 2013, traditional “silver” taxis have been replaced by Toyota Camry cabs, available at Terminal 2, and black Mercedes Vito 6-seater at Terminal 1 and Terminal 3.
All taxis are equipped with meter and GPS.
How to calculate your fare from Abu Dhabi airport:
– Meter starting fare is 25 AED;
– From 6 a.m. to 10 p.m., every 1 km up to 50 km costs AED 1.6;
– From 10 p.m. to 6 a.m., every 1 km up to 50 km costs AED 1.69;
– Every 1 km over 50 kms costs 9 fils extra;
– Waiting time is free up to the first 5 minutes, then every 1 minute costs 50 fils.
Also, is available a bus service from Abu Dhabi International Airport to Abu Dhabi city:
– Bus A1 : stops can be found outside Terminal 1, 2 and 3.
The ticket costs 4 AED and the trip, depending on the traffic, is around 40-45 minutes.